Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Introducing Thorberta!

Now that we've made the whole "We're having a girl" thing public, everyone wants to know what her name will be. Truth? We don't know yet. We have a shortlist of our favorites, but want to wait until she's born to decide. So, in the meantime, I decided to have a little fun.

The next time a stranger asks what the name will be, I'll say, totally deadpan, "Thorberta! It's the feminine derivative of Thor. We just thought it was so unique and powerful, but still feminine." 


I announced this on Facebook, and after careful discussion amongst my friends, I'm proud to announce that her full name will be Thorberta Odina Eunice Wilhelminetta Susannadana Cowan... Aka "T.O.E.W.S." Cowan, in homage to my maiden name.

What? Yes, of COURSE I'm a good mother, why do you ask?

2 comments:

  1. How cruel. Giving Spawn a name like Thorberta will ensure teasing. Try The One Excellent Wistar Sparky Cowan. She can go by Wistar for short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thorberta? I love it. Imagine yelling for her on a playground!

    ReplyDelete