Monday, June 13, 2011

So, what's between the legs? (Whoops)

We had our 21-week ultrasound today, and everything looks great. Unfortunately, the doctor was too concerned with making sure all the requisite internal organs were there to remember to get pictures, but we do have one shot of wee baby Cowan's hand that I'll upload when I have a chance.

The heart, lungs, kidneys, spine, ribs, and limbs all look great. This child has the Cowan cranium (aka GIGANTIC), which is going to make labor quite the experience, and big feet, which could be from either side of the family.

Once Dr. B had checked out the top half, he moved the probe upwards to check out the legs. And that's where my mouth got ahead of my brain.
I didn't even realize it, since I was focusing on not saying much so the doctor could concentrate on making sure the baby had all the requisite internal organs, but.... Suddenly, I blurted out something like, "So, what's between the legs?"

And before Dave had a chance to say "No, don't tell us!", Dr. B looked at the screen, and.........

Dr B: "Oh, it's definitely a girl." (Oh, eez deyfeenately a gerrrl, in his adorbs Israeli accent)

Us: "WHOA!"

For a couple minutes, I'd honestly thought I hadn't said anything and that Dr. B had forgotten our "don't tell us" request from the 12 week ultrasound, but Dave assures me I asked, and I believe him. I blame the rush of hormones at seeing our little one on the screen, resembling nothing so much as a black-and-white photograph of Lord Voldemort. Aw, it's our own little evil dictator-ette.

So, we were right. It's a girl! I spent the next hour profusely apologizing to Dave, but he seems to be okay with it. We're, obviously, very excited.

Bring on the pink (and, for the record, I'm not much of a 'pink' person... God will probably pay me back for that by giving us the girliest, pinkaholic-est girl that has ever existed).

3 comments:

  1. There's a myriad of beautiful colors out there to enjoy! My personal favorites: red, purple, blue. Have some fun. =D

    ~Tirzah

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, you can't blame your OBGYN for spilling the beans if you asked him!

    Congrats on the girl. I'll avoid pink unless I'm feeling evil. Oh, who are we kidding - I'll buy this little kid a 20gal drum of pink ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I told you so. I knew you would just have to know. So excited to see your little girl in just 4 months!!

    ReplyDelete