Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The strange thing is...

...I actually haven't gained any weight from my pre-pregnancy starting point. I lost about 7 or 8 lb during the first trimester (aka The Time Of The Puking), and have gained about 5 or 6 of that back, but that's it. TRUST me, I am eating plenty, and eating a lot of fruits, veggies, lean proteins, etc just like I'm supposed to. But if I don't gain much more beyond the weight of the baby & placenta, it's just fine with me. Clearly, I had enough 'maternal fat stores' to nourish this kid to begin with.

Check the picture out after the jump.... Plus more updates on the development of Shim!


The last couple of days, Shim has been doing the jive in there, and it's definitely getting stronger. (Hee, in fact, it's kicking right now - "Hi, world!") We still can't feel it kick from the outside, which makes me feel guilty - I get to feel it, and Dave doesn't! Here's hoping it gets stronger soon that he gets to share in the fun.

I'm feeling pretty good, a little tired. Nausea seems to be mostly done, although brushing my teeth makes me gag, yahoo. My only major complaint is sciatic nerve pain on the left side, radiating down into my left hamstring. Ugh ugh ugh. Massage helps, but that's expeeeensive. It's gotten to the point where I'm waddling instead of walking and I'm going to see if I can get a referral for a chiropractor. For now, though, I'll do my prenatal yoga DVD and some sciatic nerve stretches for pregnant women I found online. Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment