Friday, June 17, 2011

Dear Daughter

Dear Daughter (or Son, if Dr. B was wrong... We'll double check at 25 weeks!),

Feeling you kick and punch (still fairly gently, but it's getting stronger) makes me wonder what you'll be like. By turns, you are a chill little yogi, snuggling and snoozing for hours, and then a fiendish little pugilist, squirming and wiggling with increasing frustration as you grow and it gets more and more crowded in the Boom Boom Room. You let me know when you're hungry with extra nudges, and either really like or really hate BBQ chicken quesadillas, as you moved around like a rocket in there after I ate one for lunch today. Daddy and I still can't feel you from the outside yet, but you calm down the instant he says anything to you and puts a hand on my belly. It's frustrating, since I want him to feel you, but very sweet that you clearly know his voice and are soothed by it.

I hope you'll have your Daddy's aptitude for science, math, history, and all things trivia, and my love of books & music. Any way we slice it, you'll probably be scarily smart and outsmart us both within several months of birth. We look forward to being bested by you and wondering where you learned it all.... and then trying to explain to the police exactly how a six month old baby managed to bilk several hundred people out of their life's savings in a sophisticated Ponzi scheme.

There are a LOT of people looking forward to meeting you, little one. It's a bit like being a celebrity, with everyone asking me for updates and photos all the time! You have two sets of already very devoted grandparents who are chomping at the bit to hold you and kiss your little cheeks... And hopefully give me a chance to take a much-needed shower or nap after you arrive. Your Uncles Sparky and Iggity (Mark and Andy) are eager to spoil you and be, as they call it, "corrupting influences on your character."

I hope and pray that you are enjoying your stay in Casa de Utero, where it's always warm and safe and cozy, and that you'll continue to grow big and strong and perfect - and, if I may say so, rather adorable. We love you more than we know how to say, and can't wait to finally meet you and hold you.

Love, Daddy and Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment