Saturday, August 27, 2011

50 Pounds of Baby Clothes


As I mentioned in my last post, I went home to WA August 11-16 to visit my baby shower. When my mother's law partner's wife, Sue, found out I was coming home, she immediately piped up with, "Can I throw Janet a baby shower?" Um. Wow! Yes! Please, thank you! (My mother's good friend Margo co-hosted and offered up her lovely home for the shower, as well. Thank you!)

So, home to WA I went, and to the sweetest baby shower ever.

We received tons of lovely gifts, including tons of books, baby bathing products, two handmade dolls, and a onesie that says, "What Happens at Grandma's, STAYS at Grandma's" (And I'm sure it will, if my mom and my lovely MIL have anything to say about it!), plus stuff from our Amazon registry that was sent directly to us (like our stroller & car seat from my in-laws and aunts-in-law!!). Sue-the-shower-hostess also gave us a large box of gently used baby clothes from her 2 year old daughter. My mom had also purchased a large bag of baby girl clothes from her secretary, so once I got everything back to my parents house and laid out, it was an impressive haul. The original plan had been to buy a cheap duffel bag and pile all the shower goodies into it, then check the bag from WA to Los Angeles on my return flight. But there was just. too. much. STUFF.

So, everything got packed into two GIGANTIC boxes and shipped via UPS ground to our house. How much did the two packages weigh together? FIFTY POUNDS. That's 5-0 pounds. Wowie. When they got delivered, all Dave could say was, "Ye gods!"

After washing and sorting all of the clothes by size and putting away the bigger sizes (why keep them out 'til she can fit into them?), we have come to the conclusion that this baby will not need any more clothes 'til she's about 9 months old, or possibly even a year. That's how amazing and generous you people are. Dave and I are so very, very blessed to have such lovely, wonderful people who are so excited to help us welcome this baby girl into the world.

THANK YOU ALL, from the bottom of our hearts!

And now, for some pictures! These are just a few of the 65 pictures (!) that my brother, Sparky, took. I figured 65 pictures would make your eyes glaze over in boredom. Hence, the highlights reel.
Gifties!

Assorted celebrants, including, yes, my Dad (and my brother and his BF). Why should baby showers always be women-only?





Monkey princess ballerina!

Yes, baby girl, we do love you.


One of a pair of beautiful handmade dolls from Mom Rossi (I spent so much time at their house in HS, she's a second mom to me)


Pregnant Belly Bumps!

No comments:

Post a Comment