Monday, October 10, 2011

What now?

Today was my first official day of maternity leave, and it was STRANGE. My friend Kelly was here for a long weekend, & didn't have her flight out til late this afternoon, so we hung out, went for a walk at the beach, etc. I kept turning to her and saying, "I feel like I'm playing hooky!"

I've always had a job/school/SOMETHING I had to do, since, well, forever. And now? I'm just waiting.

Lots of waiting.

And yes, I'm still pregnant. Very. Trust me, if and when things change, there will be an announcement. For now, though, I'd appreciate people not asking me, "So, you STILL knocked up?" every ten seconds. Yes, I am, unless you hear otherwise.

For now, though, anyone have any recommendations for good books/movies? One can only go for so many walks and re-fold baby clothes so many times.

5 comments:

  1. When I was getting near the end, I tried to laugh Saul out of me by getting comedy DVDs from Netflix. I love Louis CK and Jim Gaffigan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read the Time Traveler's wife???? I was just reminiscing yesterday about how much I love that book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. kristin Hannah's "Magic Hour" very good book
    and Mary Higgins Clark "two girls in blue" or is it "two little girls in blue" very very good books!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendations, ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GET BACK TO WORK!

    *cracks whip*

    Oh wait... Don't. But push that babby out!

    ReplyDelete